Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Free Jeans!

I went to Macy's today, since they were having a sale (woo-hoo!) I chose a pair of jeans, then walked around the store to get some socks and a pair of shoes. At the register, the cashier could not find any tags on the jeans. He removed the security button, handed me the jeans, and said: "If you don't mind, could you pay for them in the denim department, since I don't have the info here to ring them up." He basically handed me a free pair of jeans! Without any tags or security devices, I could have walked out of that store and nobody would have ever noticed that a pair of jeans had disappeared! But, I am an honest little Canadian after all, I was raised better than that. So, I did pay for the jeans, and chose not to shoplift. But I kept on thinking: 'Man, these Americans are so damn trusting!"

Gaston

No comments: