Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gotta Do More Gotta Be More

The air in DC today felt like it had drifted straight down from Canada. It smelt of Ottawa in the Fall. The sun cast a cool yellow glow on everything, the atmosphere was crisp and uplifting, and the cold wind came at you like a slap in the face. Not the kind of slap though that would come from an angry lover – rather the kind that urges you to wake up, and injects you with energy. It made me want to jump up on the nearest Washington Post box and scream “Gotta do more, gotta be more!” (Funny how “Dead Poets' Society” still has an influence even twenty years later).


(Pic from the movie Dead "Poets' Society", taken from the Internet, not my own, of course)
Speaking of young over-achievers, I met a most inspiring photographer last night, Jeff Hutchens. DC Photo Week is on right now and the town in saturated with opportunities to meet top professionals in the field. Jeff Hutchens’ pictures really convey strong feelings, a definite sense of place, and I was really captured by them. It makes me want to think of everything differently when looking though my camera’s view finder. You can see his stuff at http://www.jeffhutchens.com/

So, continue checking my website http://www.gastonlacombe.com/ to see if my photography style will eventually get more refined!

By the way - Happy 90th Birthday Latvia! Even if you've pushed me out, I still wish you the best. Hope your next few years won't be as dark as the last three.

Gaston

No comments: