Friday, December 12, 2008

Color on Paper

Hi everyone - I've been drawing a lot lately. Maybe the darker days of winter trigger a need in my brain for more color. I am particularly proud of these three pieces. They are quite large, 14"X 17", took a lot of time and patience, but it was all worth it. I really like them, and enjoyed making them. Maybe a big-time art dealer will see these pieces here and offer me a million dollars for them... or at least space in a gallery? ;-)

Interesting fact - Before moving to Latvia in 1997, I used to draw often. But somehow, that part of me disappeared in Latvia, and I barely drew or painted anything at all, just a few odd pieces. However, as soon as I returned to North America this May, I picked up my colors again. In the evening, while watching TV, I sit with my box of 125 markers, and draw away.

Hope you enjoy these pieces too. - Gaston



No comments: