Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DC Sleeps


I learned something important yesterday evening - taking night pictures from a bridge is a bad idea! I am working on a series of pics right now which I want to call DC Sleeps. The inspiration comes from a song by "The Postal Service", called The District Sleeps Alone Tonight. If you don't know the song, I'm sure there are a million places on the internet where you can download it. Anyway, yesterday evening I was on Francis Scott Key Bridge in Georgetown, trying to take pictures of the city lights over the Potomac, but, even with a tripod, 98% of my pictures ended up blurry. See, to get good pictures at night the camera has to expose for a long time; long enough to be affected by any movement. The bridge was shaking! Constantly! Just one car crossing the bridge was enough to destroy any attempt at a picture. The attached pic, even if overexposed anyway, can show you what all my pictures turned out like. So, frustrated, I headed back for terra firma, and pointed my camera elsewhere. All of this to say, keep an eye on my website, I am planning a complete revamping soon... - Gaston

No comments: