Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to School - Obama style...

Obama called on everyone in the United States to get involved in their community, to become agents of change, so, I decided to volunteer in a local school. It's not just because of Obama though, I had been planning to do this for a while, but it finally started this evening. I am now a tutor, once or twice a week after school, at the Maya Angelou Public Charter School in Washington, DC. It is a high-school for kids who were not successful in a traditional school, and therefore need the extra guidance. This evening, a young 10. grader did his homework with me, and, even if inside I was a nervous wreck, there are no mishaps to report... Stay tune for more stories of volunteering in the future.

Gaston

1 comment:

Our Adventures said...

How fantastic! I am sure that you will be an amazing tutor and mentor. :-)