Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cadawinonan, Take II

My first post on the Cadawinonan neighborhood generated a lot of e-mails and comments (on Facebook), more than any other post I've put up. It also attracted one of my largest readership in the history of this blog. So, by popular request, here are more pics from the Cadawinonan neighborhood, in Dumaguete City, the Philippines. Thank you all for your messages and comments, they mean a great deal to me!

Once more, the children you see here attend, or will attend, the Cadawinonan Elementary School, which is supported by Hands Across the Sea, www.handsacross.org . Many of them don't have the financial means to pay for school supplies, or to even feed themselves, but Brendan Slocumb and the good people at Hands Across the Sea work to support them. If you would like to help, please contact HAS through their webpage. You will also soon see a new webpage for HAS created by a web team from my university (CDIA at Boston University, Washington DC Campus), using my pictures.







No comments: